What causes acne/congestion?
– Stress, hormonal imbalances, internal problems, medication and pre or post pregnancy
– Poor diet, sleeping habit and exercise regime
– Over production of oil or sweat
– Over cleansing, cleansing with hot water or over treating the skin
– Under cleansing, cleansing improperly or cleansing with incompatible products
– Environmental factors (pollution, sun, climate)
– Most make up products, hair products, skin care products or frequently changing skin care products
– Bacteria growth (pillow cases, phones, washcloths, towels, hairbrushes)
– Hair on or constantly touching the face
– Equipment touching the face
– Improper extraction of pimples
– Touching the face too much!
Did You Know that you must give a new product minimum 3 months to see results?
Did You Know that you should be washing your pillow cases/towels at least once every two weeks? And disinfecting your phone once a week?
Did You Know that oily/combo skin types are supposed to exfoliate twice a week, and dry skin types just once a week?
Did You Know that while chocolate doesn’t cause acne, dairy is proven to flare up acne?
How can I prevent or treat my acne?
– Come for a facial spaced 4 weeks apart or a chemical peel 2 weeks apart
– Ask about product recommendations, a possible change in home care products may be needed
– Do not extract on your own as this may cause bruising, scarring, spread of bacteria or increased congestion
– Wash your face with cool water to close pores to prevent bacteria from entering
– Follow a proper cleansing regime with the appropriate cleansing products suited to your skin type
– Wash your face twice a day with a cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Wipe with a clean paper towel/tissue, NOT a towel or cloth as there is bacteria and oil buildup!
– Avoid over cleansing (over exfoliating or scrubbing) as this can cause you to dry out and produce more oil thus breaking out
– Wash off sweat and oil as much as and as soon possible
– Change your diet to foods containing more vitamins and beta-carotene which is proven to treat/lessen/prevent acne
– Disinfect any equipment or gear that goes anywhere close to your face
– Drink more water and exercise to flush out all unwanted toxins
– Clean make-up brushes and disinfect make up frequently
– Wash your hair frequently as oil/grease buildup can increase congestion
– Wear minimum SPF 30! The sun’s damaging rays can irritate the skin causing a break out!
– Take a breather! Stress is one of the main causes of acne!
NAILS & POLISH
5 reasons why your nail polish may chip:
– When your nails are wet, the natural nail expands and dries, causing the polish to chip.
– If oils are not removed from the natural nail before application, polish may chip.
– Polish was painted too close to cuticle which causes lifting.
– Vitamin deficiency may also cause your polish to chip.
– Factors such as nail growth, lifestyle, and general care maintenance will affect your nails and polish greatly.
TIP: Did You Know that applying a good top coat to manicured nails 3 – 4 times a week will help manicured nails last longer
Why does my natural nail turn yellow from wearing polish?
If you don’t wear a proper base coat your natural nail may turn yellow, also dark colors may cause the same result.
TIP: Did You Know that a lot of dark colours carry a yellow hue or dyes
Why do toe nails get that dry flaky-white appearance?
From wearing polish for a long period of time and from polishes that contain formaldehyde.
TIP: Did You Know that OPI polishes are formaldehyde free
TIP: Did You Know that fresh garlic rubbed on cuticles helps the growth of finger nails? (cut a piece of garlic and rub onto nails about 2 – 3 times a week) Garlic is also an anti-fungal
How long does polish take to dry completely?
ALL layers of the polish takes approximately 3 hours to dry completely. 1 base coat, 2 coats of colour, and 1 top coat – top coat only takes 20 minutes.
What causes my polish to bubble?
– Thick polish, top coat or base coat
– Pushing too much air into the bottle causing air bubbles[/one_half]